Current Work Program
The Nashville Area MPO, first and foremost, is a forum for local communities to discuss how to invest in transportation infrastructure and services to support the greater Nashville area's goals for livability, sustainability, prosperity and diversity. While the MPO does not directly operate transportation services or construct facilities, it does have the authority to plan, prioritize, and program (fund) transportation projects with federal-aid appropriated through the United States Department of Transportation.
The current work program (FYs 2014-2017 Transportation Improvement Program) was adopted by the MPO Executive Board on December 11, 2013 and identifies nearly a billion dollars in federal, state, and local funding for transportation projects over the next five years.
Types of Projects in the Regional Work Program
Live, Interactive Work Program
Phase I of the interactive Transportation Improvement Program provides several useful tools for you to explore information about the major transportation projects scheduled for funding in your community. Launch interactive TIP
Have suggestions for additional improvements? Contact Anna Emerson at email@example.com.
Find projects in your area with the MPO's Interactive Project Map
- State of Transportation in Middle Tennessee - MPO Annual Report
- Annual Listing of Federal Obligations
- FY 2014-2017 Transportation Improvement Program
- FY 2011-2015 Transportation Improvement Program
- FY 2008-2011 Transportation Improvement Program
- TDOT Office of Local Programs
- TDOT SmartWay Road Conditions
- Metro Nashville Road Closings
- Metro Nashville Public Works Engineering Division